Download Planetside Terragen: 2 Deep Edition
About Planetside Software
Planetside Software is a registered sole tradership in England,
owned by Matthew P Fairclough. We are a team of four individuals from
the UK, New Zealand and the USA working together to produce high
quality software for professional landscape visualisation, visual
effects and artistic expression. We have been trading successfully
About Terragen 2
Create entire worlds from your imagination, or import real world
terrain datasets and use Terragen 2 to create the most realistic
visualisations possible. You control the weather, landscape, rivers,
lakes and oceans, suns, moons and stars. With Terragen 2 you have
complete control over the shader networks used for terrains, textures,
micropolyon displacements, clouds and object distributions. You can
reorganise the planetary shading pipeline to suit your goals. Place
grass and trees wherever you want, as well as other objects in OBJ
format that you can model in third party software. It's easy to find
great plants and objects modelled by other Terragen users or elsewhere
on the web.
Terragen is not a game engine; it has a sophisticated film- and
broadcast-quality renderer and procedural modelling tools designed so
that you can create the most realistic images possible without taking
a photograph. Nor is it a general-purpose 3D program designed to
render everything. We have dedicated more than a decade to
specialising in algorithms that simulate skies, outdoor lighting,
terrain textures, and to render extremely large and detailed terrains.
Terragen 2 puts those algorithms in your control. When you need CG
environments that don't look CG, Terragen 2 will help you get there.
If you want to go beyond reality, Terragen 2 is a toolbox with
Terragen 2 makes this possible with the following features and
- Hybrid micropolygon renderer optimised for large displacements and
very large landscapes.
- Render entire planets, sweeping vistas, tiny rock gardens, or
anything in between.
- Export high resolution objects from displaced surfaces.
- Import 3D objects for rendering.
- Render millions of plants and other objects using instancing.
Billions of virtual polygons are handled with ease.
- Add multiple heightfields, textures and displacement maps to your
- Georeferencing options; automatic georeferencing for properly
formatted GeoTIFF files.
- Procedural terrains that can span an entire planet.
- Apply almost "infinite" fractal detail to terrain and other
- Overhanging terrain using procedural displacements, image-based
displacements, or imported geometry.
- 3D painting of colours and masks that can control almost anything
in the scene.
- Photorealistic atmosphere and sunlight.
- Volumetric clouds or fast "2.5D" clouds.
- Global illumination, multiple scattering in volumetrics, full
light interaction between volumetrics and surfaces.
- Production quality anti-aliasing and motion blur that renders
quickly and efficiently.
- High dynamic range output; generate photorealistic environment
maps and IBL sources.
- Node graph editor for ultimate control over shaders and textures.
- Flexible planetary shading pipeline.
- Animation of almost any parameter with the optional Animation
(Recommendation Premium , Highest Speed)