National Instruments, the provider of solutions that enable engineers and scientists to solve the world's greatest engineering challenges, has released the update of LabVIEW 2014 system design software, the heart of the NI platform, featuring upgrades to help users acquire, analyse and visualise data sets to make informed decisions fast.
LabVIEW 2014 standardises the way users interact with hardware through reuse of the same code and engineering processes across systems, which scales applications for the future. This saves time and money as technology advances, requirements evolve and time-to-market pressure increases.
LabVIEW 2014 also simplifies purchasing through the LabVIEW suites, which offer relevant, essential LabVIEW add-ons and complementary software specific to automated test, embedded control and monitoring, and hardware-in-the-loop and real-time test. In addition, LabVIEW 2014 provides access to cutting-edge acquisition hardware such as the rugged and flexible 4-slot CompactDAQ system and CompactRIO system, software-designed instruments such as the PXI Express 8-channel high-resolution oscilloscope and the software-based VirtualBench all-in-one instrument.
LabVIEW 2014 includes new capabilities to enhance decision making such as:
- DataFinder Federation technology-Users can intuitively search data on a local drive, network or around the world
- New built-in algorithms-A richer deployment of analysis including .m files to NI Linux Real-Time and vision functions to FPGAs
- Data Dashboard for LabVIEW-Users can easily and securely create mobile interfaces to visualise acquired data and make informed decisions on-the-go without the expertise of a mobile developer
The latest version of LabVIEW includes 13 user-driven features to optimise coding productivity, expanded online training for LabVIEW RIO applications included with active software service and new tools from the LabVIEW Tools Network, such as a the LabSocket System by Bergmans Mechatronics LLC. This system provides remote access to LabVIEW applications from desktop or mobile web browsers, without the need for browser plug-ins or a client-side run-time engine.
Issues Fixed in LabVIEW 2014 f1 (version 14.0.1)
- 001 LabVIEW 2014 myRIO Toolkit
- 002 LabVIEW 2014 FPGA Xilinx Vivado 2013.4 Tools
- 003 LabVIEW 2014 RF Signal Generators Software 14.0
- 004 LabVIEW 2014 Developer Suite DVD1
- 005 LabVIEW 2014 Developer Suite DVD2
- 006 LabVIEW 2014 (32bit) with f1 Patch
- 007 LabVIEW 2014 (64bit) with f1 Patch
- 008 LabVIEW 2014 Compliance Package 14.0
- 009 LabVIEW 2014 NI-488.2 version 14.0
- 010 LabVIEW 2014 NI-488.2 Runtime version 14.0
- 011 LabVIEW 2014 NI-CAN 14.0
- 012 LabVIEW 2014 NI-Compact RIO Runtime 14.0.1
- 013 LabVIEW 2014 NI-DAQmx 14.1.0
- 014 LabVIEW 2014 NI-DAQmx Runtime 14.1.0
- 015 LabVIEW 2014 NI-DCPower 14.0
- 016 LabVIEW 2014 NI-DCPower Runtime 14.0
- 017 LabVIEW 2014 NI-DMM 14.0
- 018 LabVIEW 2014 NI-FGEN 14.0
- 019 LabVIEW 2014 NI-HSDIO Runtime 14.0
- 021 LabVIEW 2014 NI-Ind Commun for IEC 61850 14.0
- 022 LabVIEW 2014 NI-SCOPE Runtime 14.0
- 023 LabVIEW 2014 NI-Serial 14.0
- 024 LabVIEW 2014 NI-Switch 14.0
- 025 LabVIEW 2014 NI-TimeSync 14.0.0
- 026 LabVIEW 2014 NI-VirtualBench 1.0.5
- 027 LabVIEW 2014 NI Device Drivers August 2014
- 028 LabVIEW 2014 NI Electrical Power Suite 2014
- 029 LabVIEW 2014 NI ELVISmx 14.0
- 030 LabVIEW 2014 NI FPGA Interface C API 14.0
- 031 LabVIEW 2014 NI High Throughput Add-on for myRIO 2014
- 032 LabVIEW 2014 NI Industrial Communications for EtherCAT 14.0.0
- 033 NI LabVIEW 64bit Runtime Engine 2014 Standard
- 034 NI Labview 2014 FPGA f1 Patch
- 035 NI Labview 2014 Instrument Design Libraries for Vector Signal Transceivers 14.0
- 036 NI LabVIEW 2014 Upgrade Tests
- 037 NI LabVIEW 2014 ASPT
- 038 NI LabVIEW 2014 BMT
- 039 NI LabVIEW 2014 CD and S
- 040 NI LabVIEW 2014 DSM
- 041 NI LabVIEW 2014 FPGA
- 042 NI LabVIEW 2014 FPGA Compile Farm
- 043 NI LabVIEW 2014 FPGA Xilinx ISE 10.1
- 044 NI LabVIEW 2014 (64bit) GPU Analysis Toolkit
- 045 NI LabVIEW 2014 MA and SMT RTE
- 046 NI LabVIEW 2014 MathScriptRT
- 047 NI LabVIEW 2014 Module for LEGO MINDSTORMS
- 048 NI LabVIEW 2014 Real-Time Hypervisor Support
- 049 NI LabVIEW 2014 Real-Time Module
- 050 NI LabVIEW 2014 Remote Development
- 051 NI LabVIEW 2014 Robotics
- 052 NI LabVIEW 2014 RTE Min (64bit)
- 053 NI LabVIEW 2014 Runtime Eng
- 054 NI LabVIEW 2014 Statechart Module
- 055 NI LabVIEW 2014 UTF Toolkit
- 056 NI LabVIEW 2014 VI Analyzer Toolkit
- 057 LabVIEW 2014 NI R Series Multifunction RIO 14.0.0
- 058 LabVIEW 2014 NI RT USB Utilities
- 059 LabVIEW 2014 NI-RIO Device Drivers 14.0.1
- 060 LabVIEW 2014 NI Vision Acquisition 2014.08
- 061 LabVIEW 2014 NI RF Driver Suite 2014.08
- 062 LabVIEW 2014 NI Sound and Vibration 2014
- 063 LabVIEW 2014 NI Vision Development Module 2014 f1
About National Instruments
- An installer built in LabVIEW 2014 does not install the necessary components needed to run a LabVIEW Web Service. This issue was tracked by CAR 487258.
- In certain cases, the image indicator in LabVIEW only displays the first image acquired. This issue was tracked by CAR 484386 and CAR 484891.
- In certain cases, the image indicator in LabVIEW only displays the first image acquired when used with remote front panels. This issue was tracked by CAR 484426.
- In very rare cases, building a LabVIEW source distribution can cause LabVIEW to hang. This issue was tracked by CAR 483662.
- LabVIEW is unable to return to the calling VI when debugging a reentrant VI with the "Suspend when called" execution setting is enabled. This issue was tracked by CAR 478801.
- In certain cases, the Start Asynchronous Call VI paired with an Open VI Reference VI set to "Enable simultaneous calls on reentrant VIs" (0x40) and "Prepare to call and forget" (0x80) can result in a memory leak. This issue was tracked by CAR 478458.
- Applying changes to a large hierarchy of nested classes or type definitions can hang LabVIEW. This issue was tracked by CAR 488564.
Since 1976, National Instruments has equipped engineers and scientists with tools that accelerate productivity, innovation and discovery. NI's graphical system design approach to engineering provides an integrated software and hardware platform that speeds the development of any system needing measurement and control. The company's long-term vision and focus on improving society through its technology supports the success of its customers, employees, suppliers and shareholders.