A tag is a non-hierarchical keyword or term assigned to a piece of information (such as an internet bookmark, digital image, or computer file). This kind of metadata helps describe an item and allows it to be found again by browsing or searching. Taggtool is a small desktop search tool which locates your files based on keyword metadata.
Tagging was popularized by websites associated with Web 2.0 and is an important feature of many Web 2.0 services. We have developed a Windows based utility which brings the tagging paradigm to the desktop. Up until now the traditional method of finding a file was based around remembering where exactly the file lived on your computer or knowing at least some part if not all of the file name to perform a search for it.
With Taggtool you simply need to remember roughly what the file is about, for instance an insurance quote file could be tagged as 'insurance, travel, quote'. The file can then be viewed by simply entering one or more of the tags associated with it into the Taggtool search widget.
Key features of "Taggtool":
Vastly improved Windows Integration:
• You can now add tags to your files directly from the Windows File Explorer: simply right click on any file or directory select 'Add Tags' from the popup menu
• Find files without opening the full Taggtool application: Enter your search terms into the small search widget Search results will be displayed in a small floating widget.
• Find all pdf's, office documents, images or audio files with a single click with the new Quick Search buttons.
• Perform boolean OR searches Use the 'pipe' symbol ( | ) to create boolean OR searches, for example to find all spreadsheets OR word documents enter '.xls |.doc'
Social bookmarking integration:
• Taggtool can import your Delicious tags, tag bundles and posts for instant searching alongside your tagged files.
Home Page - http://www.taggtool.com/products.php