Avidemux v2.5.4 Portable l 15.35 Mb
__Avidemux is a free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks. It supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a variety of codecs. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities.
The straightforward user interface is designed for convenience and speed with simple operations. Features include WYSIWYG cutting, appending, filters and re-encoding into various formats. Some of the filters were ported from MPlayer and Avisynth. Avidemux can also mux and demux audio streams into and out of video files, either through re-encoding or using a direct copy mode.
An integral and important part of the design of the program is its project system, which uses the SpiderMonkey ECMAScript scripting engine. Whole projects with all options, configurations, selections, and preferences can be saved into a project file. Like VirtualDubs vcf scripting capabilities, Avidemux has advanced scripting available for it both in its GUI and command line modes. It also supports a non-project system just like VirtualDub, where you can simply create all your configurations and save the video directly without making a project file. A project queue system is also available.
Avidemux has built-in subtitle processing, both for Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to soft subtitle formats (VobSub sub,
and srt) and various hard subtitle VobSub capabilities. While it is primarily a GUI program, Avidemux can also be run from and through the command line (which can also be used for batch processing and debugging).
Whats New in Avidemux 2.5.4
* Added support for VP8 video decoding
* Improved decoding of VC-1 video in the MPEG-TS container
* Fixed decoding of UYVY video
* Support for DIB video that requires flipping
* Support for additional DV fourCCs (DVSD, CDVC, cdvc)
* Added support for latest x264 core and updated Qt interface
* Updated the FFmpeg libraries
* Added support for compressed headers, MPEG-2 audio and VP8 video in MKV container
* New AvsFilter for Linux (written by Fahr)
* New OpenGL video renderer for the Qt interface (SDL has been deprecated)
* New Plugin Manager for the Qt interface
* Restored most of the internationalisation support that existed in 2.4
* Compatibility improvements to auto wizards
* GCC 4.5 support
* Various minor fixes and enhancements