Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced Server provides you with powerful partition and hard disk management utilities to ensure your servers are running efficiently. Acronis has a long history of supporting Microsoft operating systems and this version includes full support for Windows Server 2008 R2 (including Microsoft Small Business Server). Dynamically split, merge, resize, copy and move partitions within Windows to minimize downtime. Perform advanced hard disk drive editing tasks, such as recovering important data areas of a hard drive and searching for and/or extracting information that was lost due to software and hardware failures or virus attack.
- New! Support for Windows 2008 R2
- New! Clone MBR disks to a replacement hard drive without reinstalling operating systems and applications
- New! Dynamic Disk and GPT disk support
- Resize, copy, and move partitions without losing data
- Reorganize the hard disk drive structure, optimize disk space usage
- Edit the hard disk at the sector level manually
- New! Span volume across multiple physical disks
- New! Add or break mirrored volumes*
- New! Repair RAID-5 column
- New! Manage remote server disks from a central console
- Recover lost or deleted partitions on basic MBR disks
Partition Manager includes the Acronis Partition Expert product which allows you to automatically or manually merge, split, resize, copy, and move partitions without losing data. It also lets you reorganize the hard disk drive structure, optimize disk space usage and much more.
Acronis sets a new partitioning and design standards. Now everyone can be insulated from the task using goal-oriented wizards, but experienced users can access a wide array of advanced functions.
Our exclusive product design includes: - Automatic mode for non-experienced users and manual mode for advanced users.
- Targeted wizard-driven automatic partitioning for non-technical users.
- A big number of features with complete manual control for experienced users.
Ideal companion product to Acronis Backup & Recovery 10
Together Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 and Acronis Partition Expert provide comprehensive partition management and system protection. You can create two partitions on your system, one for data and one for applications, using Acronis Partition Expert. Then, you can backup your data partition on a regular schedule using Acronis Backup & Recovery 10, ensuring that you capture changes to your data. You can also backup your system partition whenever you install new applications or apply new patches.
- New! Split one partition into two and leave your data intact.
- New! Merge two partitions into one and leave your data untouched, even if file systems on the partitions are different.
- New! Explore partition data before performing partitioning operations.
- New! Troubleshoot issues and reasons for failure by viewing logs: - Resize, copy, and move partitions without losing data;
- Create and delete partitions of any type;
- Format partitions;
- Automatically optimize hard disk space usage;
- Convert FAT16 FAT32, Linux Ext2 Ext3 partitions without losing data;
- Change cluster size automatically or manually;
- Browse through the detailed information about all hard disks, partitions and file systems;
- Hide or make visible partitions of any type;
- Preview changes made in partition layout before applying them to disk;
- Supports large disks over 180 GB.
Quite often problems can arise with hard disk drives that cannot be solved without a technically advanced disk editor. Such problems include: back up, copying, and/or recovery important data areas of a hard drive; search and/or extraction of information that was removed by accident or lost due to different soft- and hardware failures or virus attack.
Acronis Disk Editor, included with Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced Server, provides the ability to boot from a CD/DVD or USB stick, irrespective of any operating system.
Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced Server allows you to back up and restore critical hard drive sectors, edit contents of hard disk sectors, representing them in the most convenient way. It has a simple and effective user interface by means of disk navigation and searching, saving sector content to files and reading them from files.
Acronis Disk Editor Features
- Allows you to edit content of a hard disk and its partitions
- Supports IDE, SCSI, USB, IEEE 1394 hard disk drives
- Works from bootable media if a PC fails to boot
- Allows you to view hard disk partition contents in a hexadecimal mode
- Supports additional viewing modes that allow you to work effectively with all disk data storage structures like Partition tables, FAT and NTFS partition boot sectors, root and other FAT folders
- Pending execution allows you first to edit sector contents and then make a decision whether you want to save disk changes or discard them
- Multi window operating mode gives you an opportunity of working with contents of one or several disk sectors in different windows
- A unified Windows XP-styled graphic user interface with full mouse support
Hard disk editing
- Supports a long list of encodings that allows you to interpret contents of hard disk sectors correctly
- Automatically transits from Partition tables to necessary disk partitions
- Transits to necessary disk sectors according to their absolute numbers
- Searches disks for char sequences entered in char or hexadecimal lines according to the selected encoding
- Works with information blocks of disk sectors
- Saves selected blocks to files and reads information from files and its inserting to disk sectors
- Provides detailed information about computers hard disks and their partitions
Acronis Recovery Expert, included with Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced Server, completely protects your data, allowing you to recover deleted or lost partitions. You must have this program, if you care about your data safety and wish to be fully armed and ready for any personal, hard- or software failure, virus attack or hackers intrusive destruction.
If your server becomes unbootable after a power outage or a system error, you can recover it instantly with Acronis Recovery Expert.
- Supported file systems: FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, HPFS, Linux Ext2, Ext3, ReiserFS, Linux Swap
- Automatic and Manual recovery mode selections
- Independenty work from bootable CD/DVD or USB stick in order to recover partitions even if your operating system fails to boot
- Supports large disks over 180 GB
- A Windows XP-like wizard styled interface for superior usability and ease of use
Whats New in Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced
The following new major features have been added since Acronis Disk Director 10 Server: Support of Windows 7, Windows 2008, Windows 2008 R2.
Support of dynamic disks.
Support of spanned, mirrored, striped and RAID-5 volumes.
Support of managing disks and volumes on remote machines.
Cloning of basic disks.
Support of WinPE media.
Enhanced and more user-friendly interface.