Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R2 integrated solution for backup and recovery of virtual and physical systems. 2010 Backup Exec provides comprehensive data protection to disk or tape, and ensures restoration of data and systems regardless of whether there are data to the file server, Windows, desktop, virtual server or server business applications such as Exchange, SQL or SharePoint.
Integrated functions deduplication, archiving and continuous protection to help reduce backup, accelerate recovery and provide end users the ability to recover their files, without the help of IT-department. The technology of selective recovery (GranularRecovery Technology - GRT), allows you to recover data, including important information such as individual e-mails, folders and documents in seconds from one backup.
Single Console, enables effective management of Windows systems and alternative systems such as UNIX, Linux, MAC and NetWare; has support for remote server backup for servers, Linux. Extra protection for Backup Exec is provided through the use of flexible 128 - or 256-bit AES encryption for network or storage devices through which sensitive data will be protected in storage and during transmission.
Backup Exec provides an easy to use interface and a panel of the calendar allows you to quickly track backup jobs and restore. In addition, Backup Exec simplifies installation and backups at the expense of function screening environment, which identifies potential problems before installing the software. The product has a number of high-performance agents and options to enhance the environment Backup Exec and protect critical Microsoft applications or operating systems of other manufacturers (Linux, UNIX, Macintosh).
Key features: * The leading decision on data protection for physical and virtual environments with a level from desktops to servers.
* Integrated adaptable means to eliminate duplication (with the use of technology NetBackup PureDisk).
* Universal archiving tool (based on the Enterprise Vault).
* First introduced technology of selective recovery for virtual applications.
* Technology of partial recovery (Granular Recovery Technology, GRT) critical Microsoft applications in seconds.
* Three-level centralized management of configuration, reporting and updating.
* Support for heterogeneous environments through the use of remote agents and components.
* Continuous Data Protection Exchange, file servers, SQL servers and desktop data.
* Advanced integration capabilities with leading technologies and support multiple products.
Features: * Protection of the growing volume of data while reducing storage costs and management.
* Optimize the network performance of the physical and virtual environments with an integrated de-duplication technology.
* Automatic actions aimed at conserving the resources storage and management costs through efficient archiving and backup from a single console.
* Removal of re-creating data backups Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory and SQL in a virtual environment with the use of integrated protection VMware and Hyper-V.
* Restore individual emails Exchange, website elements and documents SharePoint, as well as the parameters of Active Directory users from one-step backup.
* Easy management of local or distributed backup environment from a single console.
* Eliminating the need to allocate time for backup and that all the requirements to the points of recovery through continuous backup.
* Support for the latest postal environment Lotus Domino 8.5.
Backup Exec 2010 R2 contains the following enhancements: * RSS Reader to stay informed about BE.
* Support Tool Integration providing self-diagnostics and data-gathering from within BE.
* Improved patching experience.
* CPS indexing engine enhanced.
* Direct restore of GRT data from OptDupe without staging.
* Simplified "typical" installation reducing the complexity of the BE install.
* Failed install roll-back keeps BE functional after a failed upgrade.
* Simplified Backup Wizard that asks what, when, where and how.
* Improved handling of removable devices (USB drives).
* Enhanced application-level credential validation capabilities.
* Renewal Assistant to facilitate the renewal process.
* Automated renewal alerts at 90, 60, 30 days from maintenance expiration.
* Maintenance contract information now in BELAT and core product.
* SharePoint 2010.
* Mac OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
* SBS in a Hyper-V environment.
* NDMP - NetApp ONTAP 8.0 and EMC DART 6.0.
* OST support for Data Domain DDOS 4.8 with Boost Technology.
System requirements: * Operating Systems
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (R2)
Microsoft Windows Essential Business Server 2008
Family Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (SP1)
Family Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2
Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2003 (SP1)
The family of Microsoft Windows 2000 Server (only supported by the agent Agent for Windows Systems - without the support of the backup server)
* Virtual environments
VMware ESX Server 3.0 and 3.5, as well as vSphere 4.0
VMware Infrastructure 3 (replacement / rename GSX Server)
VMware Server 1.0 (replacement / rename GSX Server)
Microsoft Hyper-V (R2)
Microsoft Windows 7 (supported by the DLO and the Remote Agent for Windows Servers)
Microsoft Windows Vista (Ultimate, Business and Enterprise) (Supported only Agent Remote Agent for Windows Servers)
Microsoft Windows XP Professional (SP2) (SP2 - is the minimum version to support SQL Express 2005)