J. River Media Center
* Media Center. Plays most popular audio and video formats, including MP3, audio CD and DVD, can convert CD-audio tracks in WAV, MP3, copy to your hard disk vinyl discs and cassettes, as well as create an audio-CD, and for all of these functions, the program has many configurable parameters. Besides, there are very good and powerful in its capabilities organizer of multimedia files, mediaredaktor, equalizer, built-in DSP and convenient scheduler for automating processes playing / recording, as well as support for remote control. From the optional, but nice features * becoming almost a standard for *decent* programs can change the appearance using skins, mini-player mode and the *TV*.
Features: * Supports over 80 media file formats
* Create custom Playlists and Smartlists from your media library
* Rips and encodes to WMA, OGG, APE, MP3, FLAC and more
* Freeware CD and DVD data burning
* Support for popular MP3 devices, including iPod*, Creative* and SanDisk* players
* Leading edge organization and customization options
* Selectable skins and Slim View with cool translucent effect
* Search, download and play rich content from Google Video/Images, YouTube and SHOUTcast - all without leaving the application
* Support for PlaysForSure devices and music subscription services
* Unique Action Window for a quick route to tasks such as burn, tag or handheld sync.
* Theater View fullscreen mode for the 10-foot interface experience. Browse media on your TV
* Media Mode buttons for fast access to media type: music, photos, videos
* Integrated CD labeler for printing custom labels and covers
* Podcast support, including one click subscriptions
* pix01 photo and video gallery feature. Create, upload and share photo and video albums on the web - for free!
* Powerful, flexible burning engine - multiple burns, split large files across discs
* Fast and efficient file tagging system
* Automatic folder monitoring and import of newly added files
* Mouse wheel zooming and panning for pictures, video, DVD and TV
* Customizable View schemes -- Best file organization of any jukebox
* Freeform Mini View skins
* Support for Standard View skins
* Support for Winamp 2 skins
* 40+ visualizations, and support for White Cap and the latest G-Force visualizations
* New Display View mode
* Remote control support
* Cross-fading and gapless playback
* Media Server -- Home networking
* Replay Gain (volume leveling)
* In-line file property editing
* Plug-in support, including third-party plug-ins
* Web TV and radio
* Find CD retailer search
* Online Artist info search
* Visualization Studio - create and save your own visualizations
* Media Scheduler
* Integrated Download Manager
* DSP/EQ Studio
* Media Editor for editing sound files
* Broadcast and cable TV (with tuner card)
* DVD playback and recording
* Digital image organization and tagging
* 3D visualizations
* Flexible database that allows unlimited new fields to be added
* Cover View -- shows album art/image for each track or CD or DVD
* TV recording and instant-replay, Pause, Resume, FFWD, REW
* Pane View and Tag mode for the easy selection and tagging of files
* Integrated music/image slideshow
* Preset Smartlists -- 1 hour of random music, Last 100 tracks played, etc.
* ASIO Playback
* Multi-Zone Playback
* Web or FTP upload of media files
* TiVo Home Media Option support for music and images. Enjoy your Playlists through TiVo
* Support for Universal Plug 'n' Play devices e.g. Media streamers
* Document support with full text searching/indexing
* Basic image editing
* Multi-Zone Synchronization
* Split View feature - Open Library and Playing Now windows together
* Freeware Integrated support for Audible* audiobook store
* Freeware File transfer support for Sony PlayStation Portable*
What's New in This Release: - Fixed: Rare deadlock when searching for DLNA devices and a previously found device was not found.
- Fixed: Corrupt JPEG files could take a long time to analyze.
- Fixed: On Windows XP, watching some types of network drives with auto-import could cause deadlocks when stopping auto-import.
- SDK: Added MCWS/v1/Television/SeekInformation function that is used by television playback from a client to provide faster seeking.
- Optimized: Revised split file engine used by television to use ranged requests when possible to improve library server client performance.
- NEW: On screen position indicator for video playback (video, television, DVD) when in Fast Forward or Rewind mode.
- Fixed: Some WAV tags could cause problems.
- Optimized: Reduced the amount of network traffic when playing television with a library server client.